Thursday, 9 April 2020

My First Week In Quarantine

This week was honestly, hell. Jason running with homework, Claire worrying that her friends had forgotten about her and Rodrick was sleeping in all the time and not attending his online classes.

When I first got word that I would have to start baking indoors and having to go all the way to the customers to deliver their order. I was  not used to this at first but after a couple of days I got used to it. I knew that this is how i need to continue working for these next few weeks to be able to provide food for my family, as Dorothy was a stay at home mother and is unemployed. That's what we had decided on our honey moon. Oh speaking of our honey moon, our definition of ''Honey Moon'' is travelling to the moon and eat some honey.

Anyhow, I started to get used to this quarantine thing after a few days but I don't think my wife Dorothy did. Every evening, when we would gather around the table and eat out steak, she would complain that our children have been throwing clothes on the ground and leaving  plates of breakfast around the house. We had made it a family rule on the first day of this quarantine that we were aloud to take food into our rooms only on the occasion that we have online classes and if we do have classes then we will sure be to remember to take the plates down after the class is over. Dorothy would complain that she is not our slave and that just because she didn't go to get employed that she is just the maid of our house. She mentioned, and I quote,''I have sacrificed everything for this family, who knows, maybe i could have been a famous author or a Griff Star''. Dorothy was a bit dramatic but i do agree with her. The kids have been very messy and they had taken advantage of this situation.

Now for my children. As I said earlier, Jason had a ton of homework. Jason kept on running of to me when he had a problem. I would have to stop working, get up, wash my hands form the flour and then get my calculator from the basement. The problems wee not so hard and after a while i would start to think that he was just to lazy to work out the answers for himself. Claire is a hard working girl that worries a lot about her friends. She keeps her head in the educational game. She had recently joined a new school and has only made 2 friends. Maradith and Morgana. She is worried that they might forget her as they live farther away from us and closer to each other. And as for Roderick, well he is just lazy and honestly i have tried helping before but he just doesn't want to listen. Now he needs to face the music with his teachers.

Thank you for reading this and Stay Safe

1 comment:

  1. thank you Leelo
    I have regularly had the same problems as you
    haha
    stay safe

    ReplyDelete